Dear Family and Friends,
Merry Christmas from the Beall Family of Brunswick, Maryland!!
As 2008 comes to a close, our family is grateful for the many family and friends we know and love. It is a special time of year to hear from so many dear folks through letters and at holiday gatherings.
With much news and evidence of tough economic times from so many directions, it is a blessing to realize that what is truly precious and valuable to us is the love of family and friends. Ultimately, life is not about what we have, but who we love.
2008 Beall Family Highlights
- Traveling together as a family to speak at eight church and homeschool conferences.
- Sharing Christ via conversations and Gospel fliers (many of which we wrote ourselves) at
more than a dozen outreaches and historical tours, as many other dear families join with us.
- Hosting six ministry events in our home with many good friends, local and international.
- Sarah has her second round of braces removed. Finally a success story!
- Aaron flies out to California twice to speak and record video training footage for Adobe®.
- Josh and Kerin deliver beautiful and healthy baby number two, Rachel Elizabeth.
- Sarah performs her formal Senior Piano Recital and completes her college degree.
- Josh and Aaron fly to Washington state to learn how to build an authentic log home.
- Daniel’s back seems to be showing some improvement after a year of using a flexible brace.
- And Daniel has continued to diligently commit entire chapters of the Bible to memory.
*** Although the future is uncertain economically, we still have an everlasting ‘highlight’ and hope that will endure forever: Christ and His bride the church.
We pray that all of you who receive this letter will be counted in that number and be at the wedding feast of the marriage supper of the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. Come quickly, Lord Jesus! Amen!
God’s great blessings to you and your family,
Bernie & Linda, and Aaron, Sarah and Daniel
P.S. We hope the Scripture on the other side is a blessing to you.
Some words of Jesus worth meditating on any time, and perhaps especially so in seasons of uncertainty, economic or otherwise...
Matthew 6:19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.”
Matthew 6:33 “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”
Mark 8:35-36 “For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul?”
Luke 12:15 “Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed; for not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions.”
Luke 12:31 “But seek His kingdom, and these things will be added to you.”
John 13:34-35 “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”